Have you thought about how to motivate and engage your pet care team? The good news is bookings are picking up and most of our members are seeing more pets daily. Is your team ready for the increased volumes? How do you want your team to function?
You can’t leave teamwork to chance if you want a well-oiled machine that works well together. Part of your leadership role requires creating a process and system for taking care of your team. And that means ensuring you are helping to motivate and engage them. Some of the key elements to this system include:
- Getting to know each member as an individual
- Finding ways to help members achieve their goals
- Taking time to give gratitude to your team and celebrating wins
- Communicating and being open to their ideas
- Clearly defining the boundaries of their decision-making authority
- Breaking down silos by promoting communication and team meetings
Creating a culture that will motivate and engage your pet care team will result in more of them being able to excel in their roles and solve-problems. Check out our video where we share tips on creating a dream team culture and dive deeper into the elements of a staff engagement focused system.