An important step in creating a staff training program for your pet business is identifying the curriculum you need to include.
Use our five tips to get a head start on formalizing your training curriculum:
- Design a training plan for each role (job description)
- Identify the skills required to be successful in the role (actions staff need to master)
- List the technical knowledge required to be successful in the role (pet, client and people care information)
- Determine resources available to teach the required skills and knowledge that will become your curriculum
- Document standard operating processes for each job task to guide staff on how to perform them successfully in your business
We invite you to watch our short video for more tips and details on creating a staff training program for your pet business.